The Bridge DVD

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bob Wildes

The Bridge DVD

Post by Bob Wildes »

This Scandinavian or original version of "The Bridge" is outstanding.

I viewed the American version the past year and thought that it was very good also.

The two versions are not nearly as similar as I thought beforehand.

The Scandinavian version is a must see if you do not mind reading the English words
at the bottom of the screen while viewing. If you speak Swedish you're in like Flynn.
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The Bridge DVD

Post by TerryB »

Is this the one about the vicious Viking who goes on a hallucinogenic voyage and winds up being beaten to death by Aborigines at the end?
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Protobot wrote:Is this the one about the vicious Viking who goes on a hallucinogenic voyage and winds up being beaten to death by Aborigines at the end?

Greatest Film Ever?

I loved the Danish Bridge but the American one I gave up at episode 1....worth a retry?
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I thought it was pretty good.

Definitely... grittier(?, I guess) than most of what you'll see on TV outside of streaming or pay channel stuff.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Protobot wrote:Is this the one about the vicious Viking who goes on a hallucinogenic voyage and winds up being beaten to death by Aborigines at the end?

Greatest Film Ever?

I loved the Danish Bridge but the American one I gave up at episode 1....worth a retry?
The Scandinavian one is better in my opinion. I say Scandinavian because I am not sure what language they are speaking. More of
the show seems to be based on Swedish characters than Danish ones so it is probably Swedish.

I think that you would like it, but be warned that I liked the American version also.

The Swedish cop is a mink also.

Topic author
Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:

Greatest Film Ever?

The Scandinavian one is better in my opinion. I say Scandinavian because I am not sure what language they are speaking. More of
the show seems to be based on Swedish characters than Danish ones so it is probably Swedish.

I think that you would like it, but be warned that I liked the American version also.

The Swedish cop is a mink also.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

No, that's Ultimate Athleticism by Max Shank
Don’t believe everything you think.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

No, that was the truly amazing 'Valhalla', written and directed by Nicholas Winding Refn (who also wrote and directed 'Drive' and 'Only God Forgives'.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.