Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

WOSS Tornado Pulley Suspension Trainer

Post by Dunn »

http://www.woss.com/tornado-pulley-trainer/

Despite having a DIY rig here at the house, I decided to get a WOSS due to the positive praise they have received here and also because I am staring down the barrel of possible TDY's and deployments, so the idea of a "gym in a bag" sounds appealing.

I decided on the pulley system since I am pretty familiar with the standard 1 & 2 strap trainers. The pulley adds some definite difficulty to stabilizing through the exercises and also adds in the extra seesaw movement. You don't have to use the pulley if you don't want to, as there are some movements that I prefer not to have it. The single strap makes dips a little more of a pain, but not a huge one and I knew this going into it.

Construction:
Solid stitching and components. I have no fear of it coming apart, even if I use a weighted vest or backpack.
Setup:
Easy enough Andy could figure it out in a minute or two, despite crippling dementia. The door anchor works very well and holds solid.
Size/weight:
Fits in its bag like a charm. I will have no issues throwing in my ruck, overnight, or deployment bag. Total weight is maybe 2 lbs.

Overall: A great addition if you travel or want some minimal equipment that gives a good variety or training options.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Re: WOSS Tornado Pulley Suspension Trainer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

yeah, I love WOSS. Going to get a second one for the gym and mount them both on the wall for my wife and her friend to use.

mike.b
Staff Sergeant

Post by mike.b »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:yeah, I love WOSS. Going to get a second one for the gym and mount them both on the wall for my wife and her friend to use.
Hmm I see ...what kind or ''routine'' are they going to use? Can you post some pics of the ''training'' sessions?

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Slick video. They have a hip harness like Donny Thompson uses with bands for inversion if you look closely. http://www.gravityforcetraining.com/tablet/index.html
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America