Rogue Beam Bar

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Boris

Rogue Beam Bar

Post by Boris »

So, I ended up getting that "beam bar" from Rogue - a 3"x3" bar that is kind of reminds you of those old-timers doing pull-ups on ceiling rafters, but with a barbell...

I like it well enough. It takes the same collars that the 2" axle from Rogue does. Freaking hard to lift. Weighs 40lbs empty and that is almost enough if you have small(ery) hands (like I do). Someday I'll be able to rep out DLs w. 135 on it, but that's a ways off for me...

I know that Fat Bastard is back in business and makes a 3" x 2" version. It's probably better and about the same price, but I'm happy w. the purchase. It's fun.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Rogue Beam Bar

Post by tough old man »

Nice, I want one of FBBCs.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Dude...this is the specialty bar you want? It's pretty cool. Are you crazy into pinch gripping?

Everything I've seen of FBBC was a nice piece of kit.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

But that was when Beatty was doing it. The Glass bar looks pretty kick ass.

Topic author
Boris

Post by Boris »

Yeah, the nice thing about the FBBC version is that you can do 2" or 3" pinch. TOM - let me know if you get it!

I'm a grip guy wannabe - always kind of have been and probably always will be. My dad used to tell me stories when I was a kid about impromptu grip contests in York in the late 60s - spinning a big plate contest, hub lifts, etc. I always thought it would be cool to do stuff like that. I wasn't blessed with Trump hands, but I try to do the best w. what I have.

I have the 2" v-bar that I bought from Beatty (FBBC). I hit 190 with it in June which I and my little hands were happy with. The goal is to get that 200lb finally in the next month or so.