Kali Fitness by Lonely Dog

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Kali Fitness by Lonely Dog

Post by TomFurman »

Benjamin Rittner, or Lonely Dog of the Dogbrothers is not the biggest guy, but he's an aggressive, smart, fighter. I like his YouTube channel so dropped a few bucks on a download of his video, Kali Fitness.

It's not good or bad. It's OK. He shows clips of the movements and application during a workshop in Europe. Then he strings them together into 8 rounds of working out with others at his private gym.

The value is repeating the motions and building Specific Endurance relative to the skills. You will still need some foundational work in the LSD of running or biking as a base.

I'm not fond of 3 minutes of spinal rocks since lots of flexion is not my friend.

My advice is to pull from his Youtube channel and write down drill segments. Then make them into rounds and you will have a broader menu of movement and more varied workouts.

Like I said, not good, not bad, but I'm a big Lonely Dog fan.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Re: Kali Fitness by Lonely Dog

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

To be honest, MA guys succeed despite their fitness regimes more often than the succeed because of them. You are fully aware of this. The two big sins are too much specificity and too much guru ball tonguing.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:To be honest, MA guys succeed despite their fitness regimes more often than the succeed because of them. You are fully aware of this. The two big sins are too much specificity and too much guru ball tonguing.
Word.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:To be honest, MA guys succeed despite their fitness regimes more often than the succeed because of them. You are fully aware of this. The two big sins are too much specificity and too much guru ball tonguing.
Word.
Yep.

I've tried to talk some sense occasionally to the guys at our gym but it never takes. The concept that less is more never occurs to them.

Topic author
TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Yes... most the martial arts guys have to be WAY toned down.. then watch each week how they manage. AoW is hardly the only answer, but if you add swings and rucking or running.. it's had a good track record.

Literally, Top Dog, Eric Knauss, used to run sand dunes in Hermosa and swing pipes which he built up to. Lots of footwork drills and entries down the length of a football field. I finally got his ear and asked him. He sparred when he sparred. He understood his game and based it on running, swinging and fighting. He did BJJ too, not full time.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America