Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Correct Toes

Post by Turdacious »

I've spent most of my adult life wearing either dress shoes or some sort of work boot and have a few foot and foot related issues that are still relatively mild. I picked up the Correct Toes toe spacers to help with these issues (I've had about half of the issues at one time or another the correct toes claim to help with). They claim to restore natural foot function and toe splay over time (see at about 4:20 here). I've used them for about a week.

They do stretch the toes out, and give you ability to get an even greater stretch between the big and second toe and the fourth and pinky toe. They fit as advertised but those with hobbit feet may need to go up an additional size. They're comfortable enough to wear and walk in bare feet, but probably wouldn't last long if you wore them outside. I primarily wear them over medium weight toe socks (which spreads the toes even more). The only shoes I own that I can wear them with is an old pair of Teva sandals-- wearing them with anything else gets painful pretty quickly. For the most part, I am stuck wearing them when I sleep and have noticed a difference in my toe splay in the mornings already. I can wear them overnight with no issues. Note-- I have not tried them in wrestling shoes or done cossack lunges while wearing them.

At some point I'll try athletic and casual shoes that I can wear these with and see what difference doing weight bearing exercise and activity makes. The website also has a lot of useful videos.
https://www.correcttoes.com/shop/correct-toes.html

So far I like them.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Re: Correct Toes

Post by bennyonesix »

Absolutely fucking degenerate.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

I'd recommend a pair of Altra shoes for athletic wear. Widest toe box of any shoe I've used. You could probably wear the Correct Toes with them.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:I'd recommend a pair of Altra shoes for athletic wear. Widest toe box of any shoe I've used. You could probably wear the Correct Toes with them.
The Correct Toes website recommends them as compatible. How do you like them (especially for running)?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

I hadn't seen anybody recommend these who isn't getting them for free or sponsored in some way. Being that Turd is now the only person not financially motivated to do so doesn't change my mind.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:I'd recommend a pair of Altra shoes for athletic wear. Widest toe box of any shoe I've used. You could probably wear the Correct Toes with them.
Hell no unless you're a nurse walking around a lot each day.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Turdacious wrote:
The Correct Toes website recommends them as compatible. How do you like them (especially for running)?
I can't run right now due to a torn meniscus in my right knee, but when I did run in them they were my favorite shoes. They've made them a bit more stylish in the last updates than the first round that looked like they belonged on a Cabbage Patch doll.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

These are free
IMG_1397.JPG
IMG_1397.JPG (53.96 KiB) Viewed 6835 times

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

buckethead wrote:These are free

IMG_1397.JPG
No money in that and nothing to buy. Please.

Tirofijo
Sarge

Post by Tirofijo »

The problem with Altra is that once you get used to wearing them, you'll hate all other shoes.

Needless to say, I like them. I have had five or six different pair.

I have a pair of Topo Runventure that have minimal rise and a wide toe box, too.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

1. They aren't that goofy looking (for clown shoes)
2. They're so comfortable I don't really care.
Great call on the Altras fellas, thanks.