Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Post by Protobuilder »

Good.

Mantis is hot.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Post by nafod »

Is it loud? The last movie shook lose a molar.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

I was surprised by how good it was. I heard that it was a shittier version of the first one, but I found this much funnier and the cast was great. The central plot was meh, but I enjoyed all the side plots and it didn't take away much from the movie.

8.5/10
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

I found the first one was better. This one was a whole lot goofier, lots of teenage boy humor. That being said, the 7 tweens/teens I brought thought it was hilarious. Nebula in the first one was this badass unstoppable bitch. In this one, she's just a resentful baby sister. So, none of the actually threatening, capable enemies in this movie. Just a bunch of overly confident, incompetent goofballs. There's a whole lot of overplayed jokes, but by the middle to the end, it got a lot funnier. Still, I think the first one was better although Kurt Russell, Sylvester Stallone, and David Hasselhoff cameos were a lot of fun. If you have teens, they'll love it. It won't suck, but depending on your sense of humor, it might be a little annoying at first.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Boris

Post by Boris »

Loved it.

Wasn't better than the first though and the Mantis character was a little annoying.

It IS loud.

Topic author
Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Yes, loud.

Yes, better than the original.

Yes, Mantis is probably the hottest superhero chick in history.

That is all.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Good fun. Not quite as interesting as the first one, but funnier. Bautista is the MVP – he is a riot from beginning to end.

There's a funeral in it, spoiler alert: and my sentimental 8yo sniffled a little during it! So, I guess it's touching for kids. He wasn't devastated or anything: after the movie said he liked it, and the next day was quoting lines and being all "Remember that part when – ?" and laughing.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman