Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

If you go to Denver...

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

...and like sausage...

The Uber Sausage is amazing. Just a dive with outside only seating. Worth going out of your way for. I've never made a restaurant recommendation before but this is special.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Re: If you go to Denver...

Post by TerryB »

oddly enough, as much as I despise you, and everyone on this board (save Protobuilder!), I will actually be at the Denver Zoo in a few weeks, and your recommendation may influence my eating habit on that particular day

imagine: for one day, it's like you and I have a connection.

thank you igx!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

TerryB wrote: I will actually be at the Denver Zoo in a few weeks...
Annual shaving of the Orangutans?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

It's more like a class reunion kinda thing.

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Much like myself, the Colorado Buffalo is spicy, creamy, and sweet.
Did not get to sample their array of canned beers. Would have gone again the second day I was there but the seating is outside and it was snowing.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

nafod wrote:
TerryB wrote: I will actually be at the Denver Zoo in a few weeks...
Annual shaving of the Orangutans?
no homoflirting

will you be there?
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

I i am heading to Denver in August. Any other recs from you degenerates much appreciated!
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

I don't go there all that often but just got back today from the second trip in a month.

Really liked Farmer Girl in Lyons, CO which you'll pass if Estes Park or Rocky Mtn. National Park are on the agenda. Menu was a little fancy for me but they were super friendly and the food was great. Pre-dinner beer at a locals bar next door, Pizza Bar 66, was fun primarily because of the geezer hippie vibe.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

I hear there are some amazing trails to ride there.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

I've seen a ton online, Turd, unfortunately will not be with guys who ride. Maybe I can convince them to go by the REEB location...

I think I can convince at least a few to head to RMNP, anything there in particular that's a Do Not Miss for first time?
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Turdacious wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:07 pm I hear there are some amazing trails to ride there.
Valmont Mountain Bike Park in Boulder is free and amazing.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:33 pm I i am heading to Denver in August. Any other recs from you degenerates much appreciated!
The contemporary art museum is the best I remember being to, out of anywhere I've visited.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:00 am I've seen a ton online, Turd, unfortunately will not be with guys who ride. Maybe I can convince them to go by the REEB location...

I think I can convince at least a few to head to RMNP, anything there in particular that's a Do Not Miss for first time?
I was out there for a wedding in November, and got up early-early one morning and drove up to RMNP and back before the rest of my day started. Although mid-November, the road across the top was freakily clear of snow and open (thanks global warming!) That was as spectacular a drive as I've ever taken. Still had my mil CAC card and got in free to boot.

On the way back down and exiting, there were a line of cars literally a mile long to get in. Sucked to be them.

So my recommendation would be to get up before dark, drive in and up, and watch the sunrise with the park to yourselves. Killer start to a spectacular day.
Don’t believe everything you think.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

TerryB wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:49 am oddly enough, as much as I despise you, and everyone on this board (save Protobuilder!), I will actually be at the Denver Zoo in a few weeks, and your recommendation may influence my eating habit on that particular day

thank you igx!
I've never been to Denver, Percy.

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew »

bennyonesix wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:42 pm
TerryB wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:49 am oddly enough, as much as I despise you, and everyone on this board (save Protobuilder!), I will actually be at the Denver Zoo in a few weeks, and your recommendation may influence my eating habit on that particular day

thank you igx!
I know?

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Beer Jew wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:50 pm
bennyonesix wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:42 pm

thank you igx!
I know?
Just who does Percy think he is?

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

DrDonkeyLove wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:11 am ...and like sausage...
This thread so could have been about I@n.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.