The Crimes of Grindelwald

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

The Crimes of Grindelwald

Post by syaigh »

Uh, watched this after Thanksgiving meal. So, was sleepy.

First off, it was very visually dark. Not sure if this is a movie theater setting or not, but annoying.

Secondly, it was hard to follow. I never read any of the books and I kept up somewhat, but ultimately, the entire movie seemed to be a set-up for the next movie. Ie, provided backstory and altered the course of the characters introduced in fantastic beasts, and then left you with a pretty big cliffhanger. So, if you're excited about the next movie after this, its worth sitting through, but was a bit long and unnecessarily dramatic. And the end scene looked like a supernatural trump rally.

The 16 year old Harry Potter fan "liked" it, the 12 year old cynic hated it. The 14 year old didn't come. My parents were terminally confused. My sister, also a Harry Potter fan, liked it and refused to explain anything which tells me she didn't really get it either.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

dingleberry
Manpussy Apprentice

Re: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Post by dingleberry »

It was too long and as you said overly dramatic. I feel kinda cheated that it was just a big setup for the next episode. Unless you are a gigantic fan (I'm not) skip it.
nafod wrote:I do find I am spending more and more time in the bathroom in the morning, just staring at myself and wondering if I am pretty.