Rehoboth Beach, DE

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Rehoboth Beach, DE

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Just spent a week there with kids (4 y.o. this month and 1) and highly recommend it for family vacations for people in the area. Beach, boardwalk, bumper cars, general family stuff that would have bored the shit out of me 10-20 years ago. Everything is easy walking distance. Nice beach but not overcrowded during peak season.

There's a lack of bar/nightlife stuff that removes all of the drunk/trolling stuff that I've seen in other beach vacation places which has at times been irritating as shit to deal with when with toddler-aged kids.

https://www.cityofrehoboth.com/visitors ... -boardwalk
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Rehoboth Beach, DE

Post by Fat Cat »

Looks nice, reminds me of Amity in Jaws. But I mean that in a good way. Did you stay in a hotel or did you airbnb?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Hope you got some blue crabs when you were there. They're good this season.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:32 pm Looks nice, reminds me of Amity in Jaws. But I mean that in a good way. Did you stay in a hotel or did you airbnb?
VRBO, my wife’s sister’s family also went so there were 8 of us. We rented a house.

That’s funny with the Jaws thing, that fits. My wife grew up with the “boardwalk vacation thing” and I didn’t, and so I was worried it was going to be a situation where it’s childhood nostalgia for everybody else and shitty for me, but it was cool.
blue crabs
I tried soft shell crab for the first time, which is disgusting IMO. I’ve only been to Maryland a handful of times but try to do blue crabs whenever I do. I was hoping to stop by Ben’s Chili Bowl in D.C., which is great, but it was not to be.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:29 am
Fat Cat wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:32 pm Looks nice, reminds me of Amity in Jaws. But I mean that in a good way. Did you stay in a hotel or did you airbnb?
VRBO, my wife’s sister’s family also went so there were 8 of us. We rented a house.

That’s funny with the Jaws thing, that fits. My wife grew up with the “boardwalk vacation thing” and I didn’t, and so I was worried it was going to be a situation where it’s childhood nostalgia for everybody else and shitty for me, but it was cool.
Nice. Obviously we have beach vacations here, but the look, the beach, the vibe, everything is so different I would like to try it. I have an uncle in Rhode Island and spent one summer with him sailing when I was a kid and really enjoyed the New England coast.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen