El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Post by Bram »

This just came out on Netflix and is a sequel to the show, taking place right after the events of the finale.

Beautifully shot, with a number of noteworthy camera angles. I found it to be a polished version of a Breaking Bad episode, drawn out (a few people I talked to thought it was slow), with lots of cameos from show stand-outs.

There were a few plot points I thought strained credulity (and some characters look extra aged after 6 years), but overall I enjoyed it. Plenty of tension, bits of violence, and some laughs.

8+ out of 10.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Todd should have cut a little weight.

The showdown was awesome and was a pretty significant change in PTSDjessie.

There were enough parallels to the original show that I really liked it.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Re: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Post by Bram »

Todd was no doubt investing those Breaking Bad residuals in fresh pies and ice cream.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis