The Mandalorian

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

The Mandalorian

Post by Bram »

Well, ho-lee shit, after decades of live-action trash, the Star Wars universe has finally come up with something kick-ass.

Yes, you need Disney+ to watch it (unless you're resourceful or lucky), but damn it feels good to watch an enjoyable Star Wars anything.

I could quibble about a few bit characters being annoying, but I'm on my third watch in two days of the same first episode.

"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by johno »

JarJar Binks or I'm out.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

johno wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:13 pm JarJar Binks or I'm out.
So my dad worked on the Phantom Menace doing special effects. Him and everyone else he worked with who watched the early screen footage knew Jar Jar was a disaster.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

It's fun, my son is into it and it's the first time in a long time I've seen entertainment that wasn't trying to push some highly political subtext.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

This is my favorite shit right now. It's a Western, but all Star Warsy.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Strong final episode, I give the season overall an A-.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Lone Wolf and Cub long ago in a galaxy far, far away...
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen