Tiger King on Netflix

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Tiger King on Netflix

Post by Bram »

A gay, mulleted, cowboy who raises tigers, releases music videos, and plots a murder.

Thank you Netflix.

Haven't watched it yet, but cannot imagine it NOT being entertaining.

STREAMING NOW
“I believe that if, at the end of it all, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do.” — Roger Ebert

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: Tiger King on Netflix

Post by nafod »

His husband is a looker...if you like looking at missing teeth.
Don’t believe everything you think.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Updated after watching second episode, the guy's second husband is a relative looker. First husband seems OK with it all.

Series does a great job of slowly unleashing the information. Definitely leaves me wondering what sort of weird shit is coming in episode 3.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

I'm on Episode 5 and the craziness has yet to abate.
“I believe that if, at the end of it all, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do.” — Roger Ebert

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

In case you don't have Netflix.

Not horrible for a country singer.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Supposedly, songwriters and vocal performers Danny Clinton and Vince Johnson make up the voice of the songs in the music videos. In the credits of the documentary series, both names are credited under archival footage. Exotic met the duo when they were writing songs on commission. Clinton and Johnson worked with Exotic for the promise of exposure from his green-lit reality show that never happened, though Exotic did have a YouTube series, Joe Exotic TV.

Johnson and Clinton claim that they had no indication that Exotic would be lip-syncing and pretending to sing their songs.

"We all get what’s coming to us in the end, be it good or bad. Joe, all in all, was likable,” Johnson tells Vanity Fair. "Most people just bore the hell out of me. They have the personality of a lobster. He’s a seedy shyster, but he’s got personality."

https://tasteofcountry.com/is-that-joe- ... m=referral

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I was wondering/assuming he was Milli-Vanilli-ing it.

"Here Kitty Kitty" is a decent song.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I'm going around the house singing "I saw a tiger...and a tiger saw a man"

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

nafod wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:11 pm I'm going around the house singing "I saw a tiger...and a tiger saw a man"
I was doing that this morning, couldn't get it out of my head.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

About as IGx as you can get. Only him owning a @fit box would make it crazier.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

JamesonBushmill
Staff Sergeant

Post by JamesonBushmill »

powerlifter54 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:57 pm About as IGx as you can get. Only him owning a @fit box would make it crazier.
from what i hear he is dating Mrs Couch, while her other beau is in the clink.
Females who wear heels emulate the gait patterns of wounded and/or compromised prey and thus inspire males to heights of predatorial chasse-a-tude. - Robb Wolf

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

One episode in and Chris Rock's great line-- 'I'm not saying he shoulda killed her, but I understand'-- comes to mind.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Everybody in my house is singing, "I Saw a Tiger" now.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Apparently the whole thing's weirder than was portrayed:
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Turdacious wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:48 pm Apparently the whole thing's weirder than was portrayed:
Fucking wow.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

More Carole Baskin is coming our way.
Variety wrote: ID claimed the show will focus on “the investigation you didn’t get to see, revealing the secrets only Joe knows, the exclusive footage that has never been shown and the search to answer the one question every person in America is asking themselves right now: although she’s denied it, is Carole Baskin responsible for the disappearance of her husband, Don Lewis?”

The ID series will be told from Joe Exotic’s perspective, as it asks questions such as whether Baskin orchestrated Lewis’ disappearance to take control of his estate. “No one seems to be talking — except for one man — and that man is the center of ID’s upcoming investigative series,” the network said.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I watched one episode and tapped out. I'm from the South, so I feel like I know half of these people and I'm related to the rest.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Kazuya Mishima wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:20 pm I watched one episode and tapped out. I'm from the South, so I feel like I know half of these people and I'm related to the rest.
Episode 1 is a bit slow, but 2-4 constantly ratchets up the insanity. Give it another 10 minutes.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

The 'bonus' episode is a series of fanboy podcast style interviews with members of Joe Exotic's crew, only with higher production values. Meh.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Jeff Lowe decided to do a "ask me anything" on Reddit:

https://toofab.com/2020/04/16/tiger-kin ... ess-roast/

My favorite questions

"Why do you dress like Hot Topic and Affliction had a baby with fetal alcohol syndrome?"

and

"Hey Jeff, when you bang your babysitter while your wife nurses your new-born baby, will you think of this comment? Thanks Jeff."

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Bram wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:48 pm Jeff Lowe decided to do a "ask me anything" on Reddit:

https://toofab.com/2020/04/16/tiger-kin ... ess-roast/
Another asked if he had found any "weird shit" about Joe Exotic since his incarceration; Lowe claimed he had found a flash drive showing "Joe and Finley... were having sexual relations with animals in the park."
Sexuality's a spectrum. You can really do whatever you want.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

I think Jeff Lowe is supremely untrustworthy and the "having sex with zoo animals claim" I can't lend any credit to.

I'm curious if he'll get jail time, it certainly seems like him and his assistant pulled a set-up on the mullet man.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Bram wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:37 pm I think Jeff Lowe is supremely untrustworthy and the "having sex with zoo animals claim" I can't lend any credit to.

I'm curious if he'll get jail time, it certainly seems like him and his assistant pulled a set-up on the mullet man.
You would think that would be cause for a libel lawsuit if not true.