Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Dash Egg Cooker

Post by Turdacious »

I've had this for a while and just recently tried it. It is an egg cooker that allows you to cook eggs in water-- how much the eggs are cooked is based on how much water you add. You can poach, hard boil, make them sunny side up, or make an omelet. Add a little cooking spray on the container you're using, and clean up is pretty quick. There's no timer, but when the water is all boiled (i.e. the eggs are done), a relatively loud and annoying alarm goes off. Once the water is gone, the heating element automatically shuts off. The eggs aren't delicious (they're boiled eggs), but it's quick and easy to cook this way. Less than $20 on Amazon, and it doesn't take up much space.

I'm glad I've got it and will be using it more often going forward. I will probably give some away as a gift too.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

newguy
Sgt. Major

Re: Dash Egg Cooker

Post by newguy »

All of the reviews make not that the alarm is more than just relatively loud.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Dash Egg Cooker

Post by Turdacious »

newguy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:57 pm All of the reviews make not that the alarm is more than just relatively loud.
I think they've redone it on the newer models-- the one on mine (about six months old) is like an alarm ringtone on annoying cell phone alarm. Just bad enough, but not wake the dead annoying.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule