Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich on Netflix

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich on Netflix

Post by Bram »

New four-part documentary chronicling the rise and fall of one of the worst people to walk the face of the Earth.

A total sociopath who targeted and exploited the vulnerable by the hundreds, and left a wake of deep trauma behind him.

I thought it was well-shot and directed and covers all sorts of aspects: from the unbelievable cover-ups of his crimes at the highest levels of government, to his extremely shady transition into money, and many heartbreaking interviews with victims. Maybe if you want more on his suicide/potential murder you will be unsatisfied, though this is covered (and a coroner who examined him deems it highly unlikely that he committed suicide).

I decline to give it a review because it's a horrible subject. For me, it was mostly a reminder that evil exists.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

motherjuggs&speed

Re: Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich on Netflix

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

You live in the country with the world's highest incarceration rate and you need a Netflix doc to remind you that evil exists? BTW, Bill Clinton destroyed a lot more people than JE.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Well, I generally think the best of people and don't have any drama or bad energy in my life, so I tend to forget about true, deeply rooted evil acts.

You would be hard pressed to traumatize as many people as Jeffrey Epstein, it seemed he was trying to ruin multiple lives daily for decades.

Bill Clinton is in the documentary and does not come off well (two people - a maintenance man, and an underage girl they turned into a prostitute - both said they saw him on Pedophile Island, though not doing anything suspect....and Bill denies ever being there).
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

Bram wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:28 am You would be hard pressed to traumatize as many people as Jeffrey Epstein, it seemed he was trying to ruin multiple lives daily for decades.
Every single day the gov't traumatizes way more people. There are many things which don't have to happen. Presidents have a lot of influence over these things and they choose to let them continue. And I'm not rolling out the "you could contribute to saving a life with charity x and you don't so that's just like killing her yourself" jazz. I'm saying that every President has been able to sharply reduce the amount of needless harm done by the feds, and at least say something about the abuses at the state and local levels, and they don't. Not much anyway. I get that it's easier to hate a guy who is openly skeevy like JE, but it's not really better if it's done remotely.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Ah okay, I get your point.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:52 am
Bram wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:28 am You would be hard pressed to traumatize as many people as Jeffrey Epstein, it seemed he was trying to ruin multiple lives daily for decades.
Every single day the gov't traumatizes way more people. There are many things which don't have to happen. Presidents have a lot of influence over these things and they choose to let them continue. And I'm not rolling out the "you could contribute to saving a life with charity x and you don't so that's just like killing her yourself" jazz. I'm saying that every President has been able to sharply reduce the amount of needless harm done by the feds, and at least say something about the abuses at the state and local levels, and they don't. Not much anyway. I get that it's easier to hate a guy who is openly skeevy like JE, but it's not really better if it's done remotely.
When you say a president (for example you mention Bill Clinton) traumatizes way more people do you mean directly or indirectly?

There is a difference between not actively reducing needless harm vs. actively setting up child prostitution rings.......

Question - if I want to see the harm Bill Clinton has done, or presidents in general is there a book or documentary you would recommend?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Well he killed 85+ people in Waco, Texas for the crime of practicing their religion and you can watch it on TV.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

He also murdered 600-1200 Serbs IN SERBIA.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

And sat back and watched a genocide in Rwanda.
And basically opened Haiti up to being under the same monsonto seed death spiral that's caused so many farmers in India to commit suicide.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Hanglow Joe
Gunny

Post by Hanglow Joe »

How is Ghislane walking around free? Kunt

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

I thought she went into hiding and hasn't been seen since this whole thing started blowing up.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

PLEASE RESPECT HIS CULTURE

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

To the angel of the church in Smyrna write:
These are the words of him who is the First and the Last,
who died and came to life again.
I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich!
I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not,
but are a synagogue of Satan.

-The Revelation to Saint John 2:8-9

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

THERE IS PATTERN HERE I AM DETECT

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

The issue with Epstein and what makes him more significant than one of the many pedos is that he used his info to run an international blackmail ring. He probably worked for Israel but maybe some Jewish criminal org separate from Israel. It's the confluence of int'l crime, political blackmail and child sexual abuse.

Maxwell's last photo of herself eating at In and Out was a big F you to domestic law enforcement. She was laughing at everyone because she's protected by that same int'l organization.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I hope they get the dirt on this shtetl creature.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:37 pm The issue with Epstein and what makes him more significant than one of the many pedos is that he used his info to run an international blackmail ring. He probably worked for Israel but maybe some Jewish criminal org separate from Israel. It's the confluence of int'l crime, political blackmail and child sexual abuse.

Maxwell's last photo of herself eating at In and Out was a big F you to domestic law enforcement. She was laughing at everyone because she's protected by that same int'l organization.
This was the book she was reading, with her glasses off:

A national bestseller, this extraordinary work of investigative reporting uncovers the identities, and the remarkable stories, of the CIA secret agents who died anonymously in the service of their country.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Gotta give the devil her due. That's a badass chick. Pilot submariner Int'l criminal Israeli agent etc etc etc Hot af when she was younger.