Tom Bisio

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Tom Bisio

Post by TomFurman »

I just went to this website. I know Bisio primarily as Eric TopDog Knaus' teacher in Pekiti Tersia Kali. I regard Top Dog as one of the most amazing fighters I have seen so I highly regard his opinion. I am not even aware of his Kajukenbo background or his Hsing I. Steve Cotter and Garm mentioned his lineage (similar to Steve's) in Chinese arts.

I expect to buy his Healing book sometime, and would like to train with him. TopDog continues to do warm ups and footwork exercises that were emphasized at the beginning of his training.

http://www.tombisio.com/

--Tom
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Dave

Post by Dave »

His book is an excellent intro to Sports Medicine Chinese Med style. Lots of recipes for various concoctions, you just have to find the herbs (lots of references in the Appendix)
With the exception of the chapter on why you SHOULDN'T lift weights its a great book.

Covers some basic QiGong and other movements for rehab/prehab similar to joint mobility. Its worth the $15 or so I paid for it Amazon

Bisio Book
Fat Cat wrote: People have never really seen true mastery, so they don't even know that they don't have it.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Dave wrote:His book is an excellent intro to Sports Medicine Chinese Med style. Lots of recipes for various concoctions, you just have to find the herbs (lots of references in the Appendix)
With the exception of the chapter on why you SHOULDN'T lift weights its a great book.

Covers some basic QiGong and other movements for rehab/prehab similar to joint mobility. Its worth the $15 or so I paid for it Amazon

Bisio Book
Thanks for the reminder on this book. I've had biso's book on my Amazon wish list for a while.

BB2/75
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Dave wrote:With the exception of the chapter on why you SHOULDN'T lift weights its a great book
That's pretty ironic considering Chinese pretty much invented MA-specific resistance training. Silly gweilo.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen