Is Hotlanta about to burn?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: Is Hotlanta about to burn?

Post by Turdacious »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:06 am I hope you guys are right about leaning away from a full on race war. My wife is still friends with a bunch of her people from our little farming town we came from in middle GA, and those rednecks are ready to throw down if need be. Hopefully it's just a bunch of talk.

Fat Cat's mention of the meth and fentanyl brings up some other thoughts I've been having about this whole thing. I saw an interview with Ralph Nader (I know...) where he was talking about Occupy Wall Street. He said at the height of the protests he went down to speak with the protesters and he asked 1.Who's in charge, and 2. Where's your list of actionable demands that you want to see met. Crickets. No leader and no thoughts as to what they actually wanted to have changed. He left and didn't bother with Occupy anymore because he knew it was a farce and just an excuse to be belligerent.
I feel like this is a similar situation. There needs to be a solid leader step up for the black community, and they need a list of actionable demands that they want the criminal justice system to meet. Otherwise there are going to be sit-ins at every precinct, city hall, and state capital until the end of time. Well organized protests that will actually get a message across. First on that list would be much stricter drug testing for officers. Also, much improved psych exams that will be given much more often to judge an officer's mental state. Maybe reform of non-violent crime laws. Maybe no former combat military vets on police forces. Whatever, but an actual list of what you want to get out of this situation.
I think you're on to something. Unfortunately, it's complicated, because in large part it has to do with what role we want the police to play, and what the list of allowable tactics and escalation protocols are. Also, what role should cops play in revenue collection, enforcing public policies (like selling loosies or kicking kids of basketball courts because social distancing), or how high crime/low tax base cities should pay police on their limited budgets. Not easy questions. Also, raising standards for cops implicitly means you have to pay them more-- either in higher salaries or because you need to hire more officers. And municipal budgets are strained right now, so they'd either have to raise taxes (which would probably mostly fall on poor people) or take money from other social programs. I don't see a movement among reformers to understand these difficult issues-- or even talk to experienced LEOs and DAs to get an understanding of them.

There are also some trends in BLM movement, at least in practical terms, make reform difficult. The ideas that blacks can't be racist, that there's no such thing as black on black crime, and that acknowledging white privilege is a necessary first step-- probably all interfere with the practical steps.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

vern

Post by vern »

“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

How nice, some pics to give us warm fuzzies. All we need now is for someone to make these into a slideshow with Imagine playing and everything will be wonderful.

motherjuggs&speed

I think we need Fig's 20 strikes law. Anyone with 20 misdemeanors gets life. The meatheads we want to get rid of really will have 20 and no one else will. You won't be in the wrong place, etc., 20 times, but miscreants like the guy outside my apartment last night, I 100% guarantee that guy is a career criminal but he hadn't done anything to justify me calling the cops. My view is both libertarian and authoritarian in that I want most people to be mostly left alone but we should get rid of the worst 5% and see where that leaves us.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:05 am How nice, some pics to give us warm fuzzies. All we need now is for someone to make these into a slideshow with Imagine playing and everything will be wonderful.
I'll give the individuals in those photos the benefit of the doubt. Would like to know if the cities where all that love was shown fared better than their less huggy counterparts.

Antifa and BLM are not interested in racial harmony. They're interested in recreating America in their collectivist, violent, and repressive image.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Bleh.

Trying to post a youtube vid. Won't work.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Bram wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:03 am Image

These areas are screwed if any of these people are asymptomatic superspreaders.
http://www.ipsnews.net/2020/06/fight-hu ... irus-risk/
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

My Admin has done more for the Black Community than any President since Abraham Lincoln. Passed Opportunity Zones with @SenatorTimScott, guaranteed funding for HBCU’s, School Choice, passed Criminal Justice Reform, lowest Black unemployment, poverty, and crime rates in history...
....the possible exception of another Republican President, the late, great, Abraham Lincoln...and it’s not even close. The Democrats know this, and so does the Fake News, but they refuse to write or say it because they are inherently corrupt!
In 3 1/2 years, I’ve done much more for our Black population than Joe Biden has done in 43 years. Actually, he set them back big time with his Crime Bill, which he doesn’t even remember. I’ve done more for Black Americans, in fact, than any President in U.S. history
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref ... r%5Eauthor
Hoo boy.

motherjuggs&speed

I don't know why people don't understand the purpose of his bullshit. The more people talk about his tweets and soundbites the less they talk about another impeachment, or revising the law so he can be indicted.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:31 pm I don't know why people don't understand the purpose of his bullshit. The more people talk about his tweets and soundbites the less they talk about another impeachment, or revising the law so he can be indicted.
If the Dems actually wanted to can his ass, they could bust him on the Emoluments Clause and have him out in HOURS his violations are so blatant. But I know you're hip enough to politics to know they all grift like it's their Ra given right as the elite of this country to rob, cheat, and otherwise game their way to wealth. If they said Boo about Trump, they'd be exposing themselves to the same scrutiny and I bet it wouldn't take a single hand to count the number of Reps and Senators that would stand up to any amount of looking into their books.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:31 pm I don't know why people don't understand the purpose of his bullshit. The more people talk about his tweets and soundbites the less they talk about another impeachment, or revising the law so he can be indicted.
Maybe he is a very stable genius.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Hey, everybody...what have ya'll been up to?

Anything interesting happening in the news lately?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Kazuya Mishima wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:48 pm Hey, everybody...what have ya'll been up to?

Just chillin'.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

newguy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:42 am Just the other day in LA proper they shot and killed some dude with sword. Why? They can't wait it out? Why did they need to kneel on George Floyds's neck? Why is that allowed. What was the point?

DERP.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Newscaster at the end looks familiar.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

A friend who lives near Barclays Center had to cross the street last night mixed in with protesters. He said it was a “wall of white people.”
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:30 pm
newguy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:42 am Just the other day in LA proper they shot and killed some dude with sword. Why? They can't wait it out? Why did they need to kneel on George Floyds's neck? Why is that allowed. What was the point?

DERP.
Okay. I guess I can see where that might be justified.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Kazuya Mishima wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:48 pm Hey, everybody...what have ya'll been up to?

I just saw this five minutes ago and I'm still laughing my ass off.

You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

White liberalism = cult

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

It's the cult of self hatred. Low esteem types who self negate by identifying with the Other, much like the cuckold, who can only be satisfied when someone else enjoys what should be his.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:04 pm It's the cult of self hatred. Low esteem types who self negate by identifying with the Other, much like the cuckold, who can only be satisfied when someone else enjoys what should be his.
Kirsten Powers in USA Today says the problem is insufficient white repentance.
Yes, it’s a scary and chaotic historical moment, but, in the end, this might be what it takes for white people to finally face up to our failure to eradicate the white supremacy that infects our society. As my friend and anti-racism educator Lisa Sharon Harper says, “The only course of action for white people now is repentance and repair.”...

...Yes, the Ku Klux Klan and the "alt-right" are also white supremacy. But it’s a spectrum, and it stretches all the way from avowed racists to the most well-meaning white person who would never use the “N-word,” who calls themselves liberal, who has black friends or black children or a black spouse.
Perhaps you should be ashamed for infecting your black children with your whiteness??

Poor Kirsten doesn't understand that she can never fully cleans herself of her inherited sin of whiteness. But she tries to purify herself; bless her evil pasty heart.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Very good article.
"Multicultural millenarianism", "white saviors", good times.

Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:24 pm
If the Dems actually wanted to can his ass, they could bust him on the Emoluments Clause and have him out in HOURS his violations are so blatant. But I know you're hip enough to politics to know they all grift like it's their Ra given right as the elite of this country to rob, cheat, and otherwise game their way to wealth. If they said Boo about Trump, they'd be exposing themselves to the same scrutiny and I bet it wouldn't take a single hand to count the number of Reps and Senators that would stand up to any amount of looking into their books.
Don't see that the emoluments clause would be a slam dunk for ousting Trump, but I do believe that a lot of Congressman would be very averse to a competent, independent audit of their books.
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."