Is Hotlanta about to burn?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Is Hotlanta about to burn?

Post by Fat Cat »

This whole thing is a psyop, best ignored. I wish all Americans well and don't want to participate in this foolishness.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:34 pm This whole thing is a psyop, best ignored. I wish all Americans well and don't want to participate in this foolishness.
This thing is following the same exact playbook used by the feminazi movement all over the world.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

The lack of coverage and outrage over the murder of David Dorn is a huge tell as to the nature of this.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

SubClaw wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:26 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:34 pm This whole thing is a psyop, best ignored. I wish all Americans well and don't want to participate in this foolishness.
This thing is following the same exact playbook used by the feminazi movement all over the world.
CIA/Derp State color revolution, as enjoyed by Ukraine, Libya, Syria, etc.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Millions of dollars in suitcases fly out of MSP, but why?

https://www.fox9.com/news/millions-of-d ... sp-but-why

hahahahahahaha

It's 2020. Minneapolis abolishes cops. Redirects money to community programs.

Meanwhile

Minneapolis community programs are fronts for funneling money to Somali terrorists.

REEEEEEEE intensifies.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:00 pm Millions of dollars in suitcases fly out of MSP, but why?

hahahahahahaha

Meanwhile

Minneapolis community programs are fronts for funneling money to Somali terrorists.

REEEEEEEE intensifies.
If anything that's an argument that welfare programs are too generous (because these Somalis are proving that they can live on significantly less than they receive in welfare). USAID used to use hawalas to transport truckloads of cash into Iraq (and probably Afghanistan)-- because nobody fucks with them, not even terrorists. Governments hate them because they can't tax the money.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Turdacious wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:57 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:00 pm Millions of dollars in suitcases fly out of MSP, but why?

hahahahahahaha

Meanwhile

REEEEEEEE intensifies.
If anything that's an argument that welfare programs are too generous (because these Somalis are proving that they can live on significantly less than they receive in welfare). USAID used to use hawalas to transport truckloads of cash into Iraq (and probably Afghanistan)-- because nobody fucks with them, not even terrorists. Governments hate them because they can't tax the money.
If anything it's an argument that giving anything, ever, at all, for any reason to a Somali is wrong and that social programs always, always, always, and forever, will backfire on the well-meaning but utterly incompetent and stupid American public.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Indeed. The death was hijacked to instill Cultural Pessimism and to get more people to embrace Commie shit. And of korse, Orange Man Bad.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

This guy has a way with words

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

85 people were shot and 24 killed last weekend, the most in modern history in Chicago.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020 ... lice-crime

Spells assures us that these are NOT the black lives that matter, and its unfair to even compare this with Floyd because these communities are having very serious "take back the night" events. PROBLEM SOLVED.

However, for the non-brain dead, anybody who is participating in the current mass psychosis of race-hysteria is a fucking Muppet, and that's not Jim Henson's hand up your ass. It's the social-political children of Marxist faggots like Michel Foucault. You are being fisted by Foucault forever. How does it feel to be so easily manipulated? So utterly managed? One minute cowering at home in fear of Russia/Ukraine/COVID-19/hoax du jour, the next mewling formulaic apologies in the streets to any Afroid you can locate? Your wokeness won't save you from the baboon commissariat.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Fat Cat,

I was curious what Hawaii's black population is (where I think you hail from, and where you live), and found this state by state breakdown:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... population

As a life-long Californian, 6% of total population to your reported 3%, I have not closely encountered that many black people - a few in grade school and high school, one who I hung out with for a while. A few in college, one who was a good friend for a few years. And a few since, including an ex-girlfriend, a stand-up guy who invited me to dinner a few times at his house before moving out of my town, my boss for the past 14 years who's an exceptional human being, and a guy who's one of my favorite people (he volunteers teaching chess to kids, kicks my ass at chess, has a huge heart, is funny, and thoughtful).

I don't know that many black people closely, but I've met some spectacular humans who happen to be black.

I would hate to walk through life assuming that the way somebody looks invalidates them from becoming part of my life.

Haha, I hope you take this sincerely and NOT as an argument. :heart:
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I'm not sure where you get the idea that I'm not accepting of people that don't look like me. I've spent my entire life as a minority here and get along with people fine. But I have zero sympathy for the current fad of ethno-narcissism, I simply do not give a fuck, and when they start rioting I want them shot.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:02 am I'm not sure where you get the idea that I'm not accepting of people that don't look like me. I've spent my entire life as a minority here and get along with people fine. But I have zero sympathy for the current fad of ethno-narcissism, I simply do not give a fuck, and when they start rioting I want them shot.
What's ethno-narcissism? The belief that one ethnicity is better than another?

I'm not pro-riot at all, there was a physical therapy office that got fucked up in downtown San Diego (similar job to me, but more helpful).

But riots are only part of the story.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Bram wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:54 am As a life-long Californian, 6% of total population to your reported 3%, I have not closely encountered that many black people - a few in grade school and high school, one who I hung out with for a while. A few in college, one who was a good friend for a few years. And a few since, including an ex-girlfriend, a stand-up guy who invited me to dinner a few times at his house before moving out of my town, my boss for the past 14 years who's an exceptional human being, and a guy who's one of my favorite people (he volunteers teaching chess to kids, kicks my ass at chess, has a huge heart, is funny, and thoughtful).

I don't know that many black people closely, but I've met some spectacular humans who happen to be black.
My .02-- great black people easy to find, but black culture is ridiculously complicated (ex. black people from DC and Baltimore have completely different accents, different slang, and there's the whole GoGo/ Baltimore House thing-- and the two cities are only 30 miles apart). The black culture aspect complicates everything.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Very peaceful where I live. A lot of churches are out in support of police reform. A lot of school kids organizing walks. Noting remotely violent.
I suspect that much like everything else, the worst gets reported because it will get views and clicks. By and large the protests have been peaceful, and when they haven't there seems to be a common thread of a very few inciting the trouble.
I'd like to know what the way forward is.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. The Post defines “unarmed” broadly to include such cases as a suspect in Newark, N.J., who had a loaded handgun in his car during a police chase. In 2018 there were 7,407 black homicide victims. Assuming a comparable number of victims last year, those nine unarmed black victims of police shootings represent 0.1% of all African-Americans killed in 2019. By contrast, a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-o ... 1591119883

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Fat Cat, I would really like to read your article, but Wall Street Journal is paywalled.

I randomly (I never listen to the radio), caught this on NPR on Monday.

I think everyone should listen to it. Just click on the link in the upper right and hit play on the audio.

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updat ... hreeGatkeQ

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Text of Fats' article:
George Floyd's death in Minneapolis has revived the Obama-era narrative that law enforcement is endemically racist. On Friday, Barack Obama tweeted that for millions of black Americans, being treated differently by the criminal justice system on account of race is "tragically, painfully, maddeningly 'normal.'" Mr. Obama called on the police and the public to create a "new normal," in which bigotry no longer "infects our institutions and our hearts."

Joe Biden released a video the same day in which he asserted that all African-Americans fear for their safety from "bad police" and black children must be instructed to tolerate police abuse just so they can "make it home." That echoed a claim Mr. Obama made after the ambush murder of five Dallas officers in July 2016. During their memorial service, the president said African-American parents were right to fear that their children may be killed by police officers whenever they go outside.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz denounced the "stain . . . of fundamental, institutional racism" on law enforcement during a Friday press conference. He claimed blacks were right to dismiss promises of police reform as empty verbiage.

This charge of systemic police bias was wrong during the Obama years and remains so today. However sickening the video of Floyd's arrest, it isn't representative of the 375 million annual contacts that police officers have with civilians. A solid body of evidence finds no structural bias in the criminal-justice system with regard to arrests, prosecution or sentencing. Crime and suspect behavior, not race, determine most police actions.

In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. The Post defines "unarmed" broadly to include such cases as a suspect in Newark, N.J., who had a loaded handgun in his car during a police chase. In 2018 there were 7,407 black homicide victims. Assuming a comparable number of victims last year, those nine unarmed black victims of police shootings represent 0.1% of all African-Americans killed in 2019. By contrast, a police officer is 18 1/2 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer.

On Memorial Day weekend in Chicago alone, 10 African-Americans were killed in drive-by shootings. Such routine violence has continued -- a 72-year-old Chicago man shot in the face on May 29 by a gunman who fired about a dozen shots into a residence; two 19-year-old women on the South Side shot to death as they sat in a parked car a few hours earlier; a 16-year-old boy fatally stabbed with his own knife that same day. This past weekend, 80 Chicagoans were shot in drive-by shootings, 21 fatally, the victims overwhelmingly black. Police shootings are not the reason that blacks die of homicide at eight times the rate of whites and Hispanics combined; criminal violence is.

The latest in a series of studies undercutting the claim of systemic police bias was published in August 2019 in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The researchers found that the more frequently officers encounter violent suspects from any given racial group, the greater the chance that a member of that group will be fatally shot by a police officer. There is "no significant evidence of antiblack disparity in the likelihood of being fatally shot by police," they concluded.

A 2015 Justice Department analysis of the Philadelphia Police Department found that white police officers were less likely than black or Hispanic officers to shoot unarmed black suspects. Research by Harvard economist Roland G. Fryer Jr. also found no evidence of racial discrimination in shootings. Any evidence to the contrary fails to take into account crime rates and civilian behavior before and during interactions with police.

The false narrative of systemic police bias resulted in targeted killings of officers during the Obama presidency. The pattern may be repeating itself. Officers are being assaulted and shot at while they try to arrest gun suspects or respond to the growing riots. Police precincts and courthouses have been destroyed with impunity, which will encourage more civilization-destroying violence. If the Ferguson effect of officers backing off law enforcement in minority neighborhoods is reborn as the Minneapolis effect, the thousands of law-abiding African-Americans who depend on the police for basic safety will once again be the victims.

The Minneapolis officers who arrested George Floyd must be held accountable for their excessive use of force and callous indifference to his distress. Police training needs to double down on de-escalation tactics. But Floyd's death should not undermine the legitimacy of American law enforcement, without which we will continue on a path toward chaos.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Also, Peter Moskos' 'Cop In The Hood' is worth a read-- it's about a Harvard educated sociologist who decides to become a Baltimore Police and his experiences.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

A 27-year-old man was shot and killed by Atlanta police Friday evening during a struggle in a Wendy’s drive-thru line, the GBI said.
https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/man ... gIc2Q7ZkJ/
Here we go again.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/ ... 21bbf41321

* Police officers in Minneapolis use force against black people seven times more than they use it against white people, according to data collected by the city since 2015.

* Although black people make up less than 20% of the population in Minneapolis, nearly 60% of the time that police use force, the individual subjected to that force is black.

* These numbers are culled from data documented by the Minneapolis Police Department, according to records analyzed by The New York Times.

* Per Dave Bicking, a former member of the Minneapolis civilian police review authority, since 2012, more than 2,600 civilian complaints have been filed against Minneapolis police officers.

* Yet, according to Bickering, in only a dozen cases has any discipline resulted from a civilian complaint alleging misconduct, with the worst punishment being 40 hours of unpaid suspension.

Chicago has it's own scope of problems as well. The tired narrative that one problem (black on black violence) means we should ignore another problem (police on black violence...or police violence in general) consistently seems like a way to rationalize hatred and racism.

Police and inner-city reform are not a one-or-the-other proposition.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Anyone who thinks police treat black people the same as they treat white people needs some more black friends.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

The protests at the Wendy's are getting pretty heated right now, according to local news. The focus from LEO is to keep them from spilling onto the interstate that has an overpass right at the intersection where this wend down.
I ride my bike past that Wendy's all the time. It's on my route from Grant Park over to a new development they built on the south east side of town with a bunch of hipster breweries/distilleries and eateries that popped up along the Beltline (the Beltline is a ~25 mile bike path that will run a perimeter of the entire city when it's finished, making anywhere here an order of magnitude easier to get to by bike than car). That part of Atlanta is ripe for social unrest. You have A LOT of money being spent in what has been a historically poor part of the city, with the commensurate gentrification that comes with development. Unfortunately, that prices out the minorities who used to live in those areas.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

They burned that motha down.