The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

big_t2100
Corporal

Re: The couch thread

Post by big_t2100 »

Add #metoo movement to the list of issues Couch is going to get to deal with in 2020....

[youtube]https://youtu.be/tTxzym5KHjQ[/youtube]

This real life soap opera just gets better and better this week!!!

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

Whoa.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Go to 15:20 for the start of it.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Greg Glassman, more of a piece of shit than we thought....well, frankly it's not surprising seeing how fucking awful he's been to anyone that has disagreed with him.

And the dude still owns 100% of Crossfit, lol, so glad I've never given that company a dime.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Bram wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:36 am Greg Glassman, more of a piece of shit than we thought.
Those stories make up a big enough part of this thread that they shouldn't be much of a surprise. How he surprised the #metoo movement unscathed is beyond my understanding.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Turd,

Did you listen to the podcast? Telling a woman he was trying to sleep with that hopefully her deployed husband would die and become a HeroWod.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Bram wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:10 am Turd,

Did you listen to the podcast? Telling a woman he was trying to sleep with that hopefully her deployed husband would die and become a HeroWod.
I listened to it. Interesting that the only detailed story he gave was one that only he, Couch, and the victim could confirm. He also said he didn't sign the restrictive NDA that @fit offered him-- so what's preventing him from going into more detail?

And Stumpf has been on multiple podcasts where he's discussed sexual harassment and #metoo and, to my knowledge, has never said shit until now-- the Metoo movement is two and a half years old, so he's had plenty of time to think about this, and lots of opportunities to say something. I'm wondering what he's angling for, or what couch has on him.

My initial thought is fuck Stumpf. I already knew Couch was a scumbag.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

It could be bullshit, but it's likely more news will continue to drop now that the Crossfit community and many of it's leaders are turning against GG.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Bram wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:37 pm It could be bullshit, but it's likely more news will continue to drop now that the Crossfit community and many of it's leaders are turning against GG.
I don't know if the story is bullshit; this thread's exposed enough about couch's character for any reasonable reader of this thread to think it's within the realm of possibility. But the only way that it can be corroborated is for this woman to come forward-- which places the ball in her court. That's what this is bullshit.

Set the standard for your team every day through actions and maintaining integrity.
What you tolerate is your standard.
Resilience is the important ability to spring back from adversity stronger.
Seek adversity — take the hard road every time.
Think like and act like the leader you want to be.
Being an effective leader is the best way to change the world.

The above is what Stumpf teaches professionally. What a phony fuck.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Saying some of that stuff makes you a ripe target for claims of hypocrisy/being fake.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

New book written by one of couch's long time enablers:

JamesonBushmill
Staff Sergeant

Post by JamesonBushmill »

Turdacious wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:18 pm
big_t2100 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:33 pm So......who is here after Glassman's "FLOYD-19" tweet?

Good to see you all again!
Hard to believe that Couch found a way to top Lauren's pending nuptials to Joe Exotic's ex, but he did it.
Mrs Couch : marrying a murderer
Couch : hold my gin
Females who wear heels emulate the gait patterns of wounded and/or compromised prey and thus inspire males to heights of predatorial chasse-a-tude. - Robb Wolf

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Not another peep yet. Either Andy Stumpf is lying or @fitters at HQ are more afraid of couch than actresses were of Weinstein.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:40 pm
Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:30 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:21 pm How much $$$ does this cost ya reckon?
Into the millions, bare minimum. Maybe tens of millions.
I'm pretty sure @Fit was on the down slope anyway, but this will ensure a fast circling of the drain. NOBODY will want to be associated with anything even remotely construed as racist now.
Maybe they could rebrand as RaceFIT? /s
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I never saw any sexual coercion going on when I hung around the CFHQ crowd either.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

That doesn't mean it didn't happen. But holy shit, for stuff to implode now almost 15 years later is NUTS

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I'm sure there were plenty of hoes who wanted the GG limp dick and his $100,000,000 ducats, no coercion required. Then again, a wealthy Jew #metoo'ing his cronies isn't exactly a new story.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

big_t2100
Corporal

Post by big_t2100 »

(Just reporting the weather from the NY Times)

CrossFit Owner Fostered Sexist Company Culture, Workers Say
Women report getting lewd assessments of their bodies, among other mistreatment from top male management.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/20/styl ... O7oGnQrgzE

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

big_t2100 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:46 am (Just reporting the weather from the NY Times)

CrossFit Owner Fostered Sexist Company Culture, Workers Say
Women report getting lewd assessments of their bodies, among other mistreatment from top male management.

Damn the NYT moves fast. Lauren really stuck it to Castro.
Last edited by Turdacious on Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

The Times pieces are paywalled, can anyone help a trainer out?

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Bram wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:27 am The Times pieces are paywalled, can anyone help a trainer out?
Clear your cache and then look.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

Thanks! I had no idea that was an option....

"Morning Chalk Up reported that more than 1,200 affiliates had plans to disassociate themselves from the CrossFit brand. "

The company's attempts at spinning the info in the article is extremely unconvincing.

theoverman
Staff Sergeant

Post by theoverman »

do bolt on varbies still get posted it here?
riff raff fanclub president

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER

Schlegel

Re:

Post by Schlegel »

GoDogGo! wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:04 pm He wouldn't be the first cult leader not to practice what he preaches, or to look the part. Hm... do you think that eventually some juicy sex allegations will come out? Happens to a lot of other controlling nutballs who surround themselves with hot babes.

GDG!
GDG called it in 2006
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"