81% of Black Americans Want the Same or More Police

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

81% of Black Americans Want the Same or More Police

Post by Fat Cat »

Obviously this is a pro-2nd Amendment site, but the poll they site was conducted by Gallup. As always, the loudest, dumbest voices in the room are not representative of the moderate majority, which wants no part of left wing vanguardism. So please, never imagine that "defund the police" is the voice of the black community. They want police, they want positive interactions and fair treatment from police, and that's what they should get.

Despite cities defunding and cutting back police services nationwide, 81% of black people (and 83% of Hispanics) want either the same or more police presence in their neighborhoods.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/81-of ... hborhoods/
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Bennyonesix1

Re: 81% of Black Americans Want the Same or More Police

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Blacks are racist af. Which I enjoy. High IQ blacks have the best racism. Just the best. Brutally funny.

But their women run the show.

They'll vote +95% for the DEM candidate because of gov jobs and HR depts give black women sinecures.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Progressive white folks always want to tell black folks what to think. "Defund the police" is silly AF and tailor made for Trump to push back on.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

The crime problem in this country is just black males from 14-25 being black males from 14-25.

Everyone who has any contact with black culture or the criminal justice system knows this.

But, Frank Rizzo was racist so what are we gonna do?

Better to suffer than be racist.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:26 pm Progressive white folks always want to tell black folks what to think. "Defund the police" is silly AF and tailor made for Trump to push back on.
"Folks"?

Stop the cringey shitlib crypto class signalling stuff dude.

You're some upper-middle white striver piece of shit lib at least be proud of it.

No one thinks you don't hate kulak americans.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

You get triggered by the weirdest stuff.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

Should black folks who say nigger be cancelled?

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:26 pm Progressive white folks always want to tell black folks what to think. "Defund the police" is silly AF and tailor made for Trump to push back on.
Yes, progressive whites say a lot of fantastically stupid things, but that doesn't seem to stop you from being a progressive white person. Explain.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:44 pm You get triggered by the weirdest stuff.
=D> =D> =D> =D>
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:44 pm You get triggered by the weirdest stuff.
Yeah. Why would you pretending to be on my team irritate me?

"Hey fellow white salt of the earth types who I definitely don't think are the core problem with the US how y'all doing can we talk about your murderous racism for a second?"

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Turdacious wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:26 pm
=D> =D> =D> =D>
Fuck you

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:10 pm
Yes, progressive whites say a lot of fantastically stupid things, but that doesn't seem to stop you from being a progressive white person. Explain.
Here is an example:
2016, black voters come out in big numbers in key states and help democrats in the midterms. White progressives: "People need to *listen* to black voters."
2018, black voters quickly decide, "We like Joe Biden." White progressives: *fingers in ears* "lalalalalalala you aren't doing what we want right now we know what is best for you"

The far left and right are overwhelmingly filled with white folks- dammit I mean people - who think they know what's best for black [strikethrough]folks[/strikethrough] -aw shit strikethrough doesn't work sorry B- people.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

White people, and I mean this without any humor or irony, don't care about black people. It's not that they hate them, it's that they aren't interested in them. The false displays of performance compassion are purely intended to impress other whites. That's why your Bernie Bros and Warrenites DNGAF about or outright rejected the black community's embrace of Biden. The inverse is also true, Blacks don't like whites, they don't like Biden. They liked Obama and it's his shine on Biden's apple, despite the fact that the man literally cannot stop saying horrible things about black people.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:32 pm White people, and I mean this without any humor or irony, don't care about black people. It's not that they hate them, it's that they aren't interested in them.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:01 pm Obviously this is a pro-2nd Amendment site, but the poll they site was conducted by Gallup. As always, the loudest, dumbest voices in the room are not representative of the moderate majority, which wants no part of left wing vanguardism. So please, never imagine that "defund the police" is the voice of the black community. They want police, they want positive interactions and fair treatment from police, and that's what they should get.

Despite cities defunding and cutting back police services nationwide, 81% of black people (and 83% of Hispanics) want either the same or more police presence in their neighborhoods.

Ghettoside is an excellent book by Jill Levoy and tracks a murder investigation in South Central LA.

One of the lines in the book that resonated with me, and I do not remember if it is the author or someone else, was that in the inner city, the residents (predominantly black) want MORE of a police presence. The departments in the inner city are so underfunded that some of the basic things you take for granted, investigating a murder, just don't happen.

And the residents want that.

But instead they get a lot of aggressive policing tactics, etc. They want more but they do not get the more they want.

Anyways, it is great book and I highly recommend it.

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

newguy wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:52 pm Anyways, it is great book and I highly recommend it.
It's been hovering on my "want to read list" for quite a while. Thanks for the rec-will get to it right away.

I checked out of this place for a few years, and have returned to find a great book club and a very mellow and sage Fat Cat. What a trip.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Blacks want more police presence because they don't want to snitch. They literally think the police "shoulda seen dat" when Lil Jimmy gets smoked on the corner for selling product in Corn Pop's territory. Basically, they want all of the benefits of active police service without any of the pesky civic duties associated with modernity. Like telling the investigating officer, "yeah, I seen Corn Pop shoot his little ass". They want Tom Cruise from the Minority Report to swoop in and arrest Corn Pop without any fuss because the lady in the float tank told him to. The real punchline is the fact that this is all funded from the pockets of people who live in neighborhoods that could literally exist for years without any active police presence. Shaniqua's snitch-free omniscience patrol is wholly funded and paid for by people whose idea of a police emergency is the Tanner kids are throwing a goddamn beer pong party while their parents are skiing in Vail.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

^^^One of the reason so many of the "defund the police" types are skinny little crackers is because they grew up in affluent Portland neighborhoods where cops are largely superfluous. If you subtract inner city jogging crime from the statistics, USA has violent crime levels on par with Lichtenstein and Luxembourg.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Blacks are 13.4% of US Population

That means they have 13.4% of voting power.

This is why we have a REPUBLIC with RULE OF LAW, not a DEMOCRACY with RULE OF MOB. So the interests of the 13.4% cannot be overwhelmed by the rest of the country.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

newguy wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:52 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:01 pm Obviously this is a pro-2nd Amendment site, but the poll they site was conducted by Gallup. As always, the loudest, dumbest voices in the room are not representative of the moderate majority, which wants no part of left wing vanguardism. So please, never imagine that "defund the police" is the voice of the black community. They want police, they want positive interactions and fair treatment from police, and that's what they should get.

Ghettoside is an excellent book by Jill Levoy and tracks a murder investigation in South Central LA.

One of the lines in the book that resonated with me, and I do not remember if it is the author or someone else, was that in the inner city, the residents (predominantly black) want MORE of a police presence. The departments in the inner city are so underfunded that some of the basic things you take for granted, investigating a murder, just don't happen.

But instead they get a lot of aggressive policing tactics, etc. They want more but they do not get the more they want.

Dammit. Just listened to the first chapter and already looking at BLM in a broader different historical context. Even if the rest of the book is trash it will still be worth it for that. Great recommendation.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Dammit. Just listened to the first chapter and already looking at BLM in a broader different historical context. Even if the rest of the book is trash it will still be worth it for that. Great recommendation.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Turdacious wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:19 am

Awesome. It's a great read the whole way through. A very balanced, fair book.