Election outcome most likely to cause country to lose its shit

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Election outcome most likely to cause country to lose its shit

Post by Turdacious »

I’d bet on Biden popular victory, trump electoral victory, Republican hold in senate. Your thoughts?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: Election outcome most likely to cause country to lose its shit

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

I'm not sure people are prepared to not have an answer on election night, which appears quite likely. If there's a 20+ point spread between Biden and Trump voters on mail-in vs. in person voting, the election won't be decided but Trump may be "ahead" in key states on Election night by a couple points even if he's losing badly. It will be tempting to declare victory and try to DQ remaining ballots.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Yeah. Mail in voting is dumb and insane and everyone always knew it and never wanted it but wtf let's do it now for kicks.

Like the lockdown and masks.

Let's just burn it all down.

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

I think the Dem party is playing it hard and smart.

Mail in voting should get more non-voting Dems to vote and provide their ballot harvesting operatives with the opportunity "lose" ballots from conservative zip codes and "find" ballots in liberal ones. This could hugely benefit them down ballot regardless of who wins the presidency.

Perhaps more importantly, it gives them a hedge if Trump wins. At the very least they can primal scream that he's illegitimate and use that as a springboard for the 2022 midterms. With luck they can grab the senate, and maybe kill the filibuster, and impeach him in 2021 or 2023.

Regardless, shit will be lost and the Dem party is just fine with that.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

DrDonkeyLove... wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:06 pm I think the Dem party is playing it hard and smart.

Mail in voting should get more non-voting Dems to vote and provide their ballot harvesting operatives with the opportunity "lose" ballots from conservative zip codes and "find" ballots in liberal ones. This could hugely benefit them down ballot regardless of who wins the presidency.

Perhaps more importantly, it gives them a hedge if Trump wins. At the very least they can primal scream that he's illegitimate and use that as a springboard for the 2022 midterms. With luck they can grab the senate, and maybe kill the filibuster, and impeach him in 2021 or 2023.

Regardless, shit will be lost and the Dem party is just fine with that.
I'm right with you. I myself see a huge Electoral College victory a la Nixon 1972. I doubt the down ticket races follow suit. Mostly because of the fraud. But I am sure the GOP is also trying to throw the House and Senate to the DEMs so they can outsource Trumps removal within the year.

There's a lot of things I hate about the US right now but the GOP is the leader far and away. I hate them so much I can't even think about them anymore. I just ignore them and chimp whenever they get forced into my consciousness.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Shit will be lost, one way or another.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Dems are already preparing the battlespace for the late hour rally from Behind via mail-in ballot fraud.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

On my way to the beach, staying the night in Charlottesville. Drove past where the torch carrying "jews will not replace us" dudes marched.

Drove past a million Trump yard signs in the rural areas. No one wearing masks in the stores.

Not sure what the state of covid is in UVA campus. Mask wearing discipline high here

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

What beach? Post pictures.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

The UVA hospital went to a 100% mandatory mask policy very very early on, so the town population is pretty used to it.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Outer Banks, Duck. Wilco.

Went to Beer Run restaurant/store to get beer. Huge selection. Huge!