Tyson v Jones

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Tyson v Jones

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Pretty entertaining fight, surprising that Jones was gassing as hard as he was. Tyson looked a lot better than I'd have expected.

Jones is my all time favorite boxer but I've been hoping he would hang it up since Tarver II. I know two people who were beaten up in their 60s and immediately got early onset dementia. You have to be crazy to be 50+ and have Mike Tyson punch you in the head. Lennox Lewis gets forever cred for hanging it up on top and staying retired.

On the undercard, watching NBA Nate get KTFO by a Youtube celebrity was a testament to how much a year's worth of boxing training can do. He's not "good" but being good enough to demolish a true world class athlete in the rules provided was something.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Tyson v Jones

Post by baffled »

Garbage from top to bottom. Now Evander Holyfield wants to fight Tyson for a 3rd fight.

Boxing is my favorite sport, and I hate to see events like this. Why but dig up Sakuraba and have him fight Bob Sapp on the undercard? We can have a big, joint funeral for the losers.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Ya I didn't watch, it sounded like a freak show and not in the good way.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

The old Japanese mma and kickboxing freak shows were one thing. Usually it was a guy who was comically fat against a guy who probably still had a normal looking MRI of his brain.

Usually. Sometimes.

Every once in a while.
- Buck Brannaman

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

A boxing version of Same Time Next Year? Every year they get together on the first Tuesday in December or something, and fight two rounds. Until someone dies.
Don’t believe everything you think.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Pretty disappointing. Or maybe it was all my fault for expecting a real fight instead an exhibition one.

Anyway, Tyson is still a powerful, scary motherfucker.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

We should get someone to point James Toney in the general direction of the ring and have him lace up the gloves. Put all of these old guys in there and see things shake out.
- Buck Brannaman

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

And now, Mayweather is going to beat the fuck out of the other YouTube brother in February.
- Buck Brannaman

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

baffled wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:24 am And now, Mayweather is going to beat the fuck out of the other YouTube brother in February.
Wow. Going for 56-0 (because if a fight against a YouTuber counts the fights against the five chicks he beat should too).
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I love when people rip on his history of domestic violence.

Never forget when he kicked the shit out of the mother of guys children and terrorized them, too.
- Buck Brannaman