New stimulus bill. WTF?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

New stimulus bill. WTF?

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Jimmy Dore's been trending lately since he's pushing AOC and her cohort to force a M4A vote or they won't vote for Pelosi as Speaker again. So he's in the middle of a dust-up with a bunch of Neoliberals, including AOC and Cenk Uygur of TYT.
Like his politics or not, Jimmy's been on the front lines for actual progressive politics and has been calling bullshit on the Dems for years. He was on the vanguard of the calling the Russiagate BS the nothingburger it was.

Now he's rightfully calling bullshit on this latest stimulus bill that helps everyone but those that need it.

Last edited by Alfred_E._Neuman on Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Re: New stimulus bill. WTF?

I love that Trump is out lefting Turtle neck, and in the process hamstringing those shit bags Loeffler and Perdue from my 'hood.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

The new bill is a slap in the face to regular Americans. A paltry $600 for you while billions in pork is siphoned off for fucking women's studies in Pakistan, I shit you not.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Absolute. Total. Horse shit.

I'm seriously wondering when the people that have been hurt the most by this pandemic are going to get serious about burning Washington to the ground. If Turtle Neck, Pelosi, Schumer, et all's heads ended up on stakes outside the Capital, I'd have a hard time finding fault.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Doesn’t it also include monthly unemployment provisions?

Otherwise, $600 is a joke.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Doesn't really include anything other than a cash grab for the donor class. And enough $ to average Americans to buy shit groceries for a couple weeks for a family.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:20 pm Doesn’t it also include monthly unemployment provisions?

Otherwise, $600 is a joke.
"The nearly $1 trillion Covid-19 relief bill will include a second stimulus check of up to $600 for many Americans, an extra $300 in enhanced unemployment insurance for 11 weeks, the continuation of key jobless programs and funding for food and rental assistance, among other provisions"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/20/congres ... hecks.html

It's an abortion.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

If Donald had been serious about being elected he should have ran his whole campaign on 5000 dollar stimulus for every American, nothing for anyone else. Or 10,000. Or 2000 a month. Whatever.

That's it. That's the whole campaign. A big middle finger to Republicans and Democrats.

Landslide victory and he turns a few states.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

$60,000,000 shall be made available for assistance for Sudan

$700,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2022, which shall be for assistance for Sudan

$134,950,000 shall be made available for assistance for Burma

$85,505,000 shall be made available for assistance for Cambodia

$19,000,000 for assistance for the Government of Vietnam

$198,323,000 shall be made available for assistance for Bangladesh

$505,925,000 should be made available for assistance for Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama

$325,000,000 shall be made available for assistance for the Democratic Republic of the Congo

$80,930,000 shall be made available for assistance for Laos

$241,400,000 shall be made available for assistance for Tunisia

United States Chief of Mission in Jordan; and not less than $425,000,000 shall be made available under the heading Foreign Military Financing Program

$845,100,000 shall be made available for budget support for the Government of Jordan

$1,300,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2022, should be made available for assistance for Egypt

$125,000,000 shall be made available for assistance for Egypt

$130,265,000 shall be made available for assistance for Nepal

$40,000,000 shall be made available, notwithstanding any other provision of law, for non-lethal stabilization assistance for Syria

$900,000,000 may be obligated pursuant to section 51(c)(2) of the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2795(c)(2)) for the purposes of the Special Defense Acquisition Fund (the Fund)

https://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20 ... 116-68.pdf

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

This guy fucking NAILED it on Pelosi's bullshit. See 4:14 in the video where he predicts the future with 100% accuracy. Anyone who thinks our government isn't Pro Wrestling for the masses is delusional.

And here's a Republican Congressman walking straight through the door Pelosi left open for him:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-gop-le ... 03764.html