How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: How are we feeling about rioters this week?

Post by nafod »

So why bother having an election, Fats?
Don’t believe everything you think.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:09 pm
nafod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:54 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:46 pm
nafod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:39 pm I'm kind of despaired about where all of this is going. A huge number of people genuinely believe that Trump won in a landslide and it was stolen, in the face of a shit-ton of evidence otherwise. That is their reality. There can be no resolution while the two groups hold true two completely different outlooks. It's just going to be a fight.
You should despair. Consider this: you have no more evidence that the election was fair than they do that it was rigged.
WHAT? Are you nuts?

Every close state election had a recount. All electronic elections were verified with paper trail (looking at Georgia). All court cases (over 60 of them) were adjudicated and either dismissed or thrown out on their ass with prejudice. Zero evidence was presented in court that suggested fraud. The Trump campaign didn't even assert fraud in PA, for example. Lots of the cases ruled on by judges nominated by Trump himself. Every state certified the election. The DOJ agreed that nothing happened that could change the outcome.
You completely missed the point, midwit. I'm not arguing that there was vote fraud, I'm arguing that you only know what people tell you. You have no way to verify, and from the way you talk, no desire to. You're just happy to be told what to think and do.
At the end of the day, you can say that about almost anything. It's meaningless.
It has nothing to do with being happy to be told what to think and do. (And even then, at the end of the day, that is just being human.)

I have no way to verify that we landed on the moon. I have no way to verify that Donald Trump isn't the first non-lizard reptillian president. I have no way to verify almost anything.

Once you go down that rabbit hole, you're lost.

Yes. Almost every single election process could be a fraud. It can all be staged in a studio in Hollywood. I can't prove it's not.

But it's not.

We had an election. Biden won. It is as valid as Donald Trump's win and as valid as Al Gore's loss.

We have absolutely zero evidence that this election was any different that 2016. Well....we had evidence of russian involvement then....but people didn't seem to care as much about REAL issues as they do phantom ones.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Since you guys are both being equally thick, I will address you in the same post. Perhaps in crayon? Forget about the election per se, that's not the point. The point is the rioters. Why are there so many people out there, on both the left and right, that are feeling disoriented and anxious and ready to chimp out? That's the question that I am addressing, because that's what this thread was about. You guys should stick to team sports if you can't follow along.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:39 pm Since you guys are both being equally thick, I will address you in the same post. Perhaps in crayon? Forget about the election per se, that's not the point. The point is the rioters. Why are there so many people out there, on both the left and right, that are feeling disoriented and anxious and ready to chimp out? That's the question that I am addressing, because that's what this thread was about. You guys should stick to team sports if you can't follow along.
This is an interesting question and I have my own theory on it.

Stepping aside from politics, although it does filter through politics.

The election of 2016 was a destabilizing event. It was unlike anything we have seen. Donald Trump is not supposed to be able to win that election. It was disorienting to some, intoxicating to others. But either way it is an event that shakes a lot of people's mental foundations. It destabilizes.

His presidency over four years is the exact same way. I don't care if you love him. It was erratic and out of the realm of how anything had worked before. And I don't care if you hate him. It is intoxicating and wild. He is unlike any president we have ever experienced. The experience of Donald Trump deeply polarizes. His continued assault on the press and the continued polarizing narrative continues to destabilize, disorient, and intoxicate.

Then we come into this year. We have pandemic that almost overnight changes everything about our lives. You move into the summer and there are suddenly protests in the streets and riots at night. (Protests fueled by groups of people who are not working, not in school, etc. ) Continue the divisive narrative.

The election is an election that is even stranger than 2016.

This has been, on a national/cultural level, and deeply traumatic four years. Not trying to use that term in the negative. It has been traumatic for people on the right. Traumatic for people on the left.

The events of this summer - for some groups the image of watching a black man with his neck kneeled on cut to the core. For others, watching businesses burn to the ground.

Media does not work to unite. The government did not work to unite.

When everything is this destabilized, who could be surprised that there are a group of people willing to believe our election was rigged and fraud? Look that the past four years. It has been an epic storm. And from their point of view, why would they doubt it has been rigged? Look at how everything has gone.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

newguy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:56 pm Media does not work to unite. The government did not work to unite.

When everything is this destabilized, who could be surprised that there are a group of people willing to believe our election was rigged and fraud? Look that the past four years. It has been an epic storm. And from their point of view, why would they doubt it has been rigged? Look at how everything has gone.
Any element, whether it's media, entertainment, or government cannot abrogate its responsibility towards building a civil society. Having now done so for 4+ years, they are watching the chickens come home to roost. This is why you need a firm hand who's highest loyalty is to the welfare of the people instead of the kleptocratic oligarchy we have now.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:39 pm Perhaps in crayon?
Whatever your natural medium is.

I think its all about race. White folk's fingers being moved over on the tiller to make room for other hands. That's the core of it. Throw in some evangelical loss of stature.

trump is an incompetent pathological liar, but he said the things they wanted to hear. Still does.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:09 pm
Whatever your natural medium is.
Blackface minstrel show.
I think its all about race. White folk's fingers being moved over on the tiller to make room for other hands. That's the core of it. Throw in some evangelical loss of stature.

trump is an incompetent pathological liar, but he said the things they wanted to hear. Still does.
Ah, okay. So it's white people's fingers being moved on the tiller that made BLM riots happen? Is there anything that isn't about whitey? Go here and find out! => http://irongarmx.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=232824

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:17 pm
newguy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:56 pm Media does not work to unite. The government did not work to unite.

Any element, whether it's media, entertainment, or government cannot abrogate its responsibility towards building a civil society. Having now done so for 4+ years, they are watching the chickens come home to roost. This is why you need a firm hand who's highest loyalty is to the welfare of the people instead of the kleptocratic oligarchy we have now.
We tend to disagree regarding political things.

When this whole election business started, and President Trump started openly talking about a fixed election, I made the point that rhetoric like that errodes faith in our government and traditions, and more of what we do is built on faith and tradition than people like to admit.

I think you called me a woman and told me to check my estrogen.....

I do not think that the left is holy and the right is evil.

Mainstream media's refusal (and democrats) to take "red" America's concerns seriously continues to disenfranchise and leave large groups of our population in a vaccuum.

I do think trump is a incompetent prick and it will take a generation to recover from this presidency.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

newguy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:32 pm I think you called me a woman and told me to check my estrogen.....
Well have you? These things don't fix themselves.

newguy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:32 pm I do not think that the left is holy and the right is evil.
Presumably because leftists are Godless atheists that don't believe in holiness.

newguy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:32 pm Mainstream media's refusal (and democrats) to take "red" America's concerns seriously continues to disenfranchise and leave large groups of our population in a vaccuum.
It's not just the media. White Americans have declining birthrates, increasing debt, increasing overdose deaths, increasing suicides, lower purchasing power, fewer freedoms, demographic decline, etc. that demonstrate unequivocally that, by any meaningful measure of demographic health, they are getting fucked from both ends by venal politicians and their corporate masters. And then, the media heaps scorn on them with brutal gaslighting, "the Great Replacement is a conspiracy theory but when it happens, you'll deserve it!"

Under those circumstances, what else can they do but rebel? That's a scenario that guarantees violence.

newguy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:32 pm I do think trump is a incompetent prick and it will take a generation to recover from this presidency.
If an incompetent is your president, what does that say about your level of competence?

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:54 pm But to the immediate impeachment, as the legislative branch voted, the Capitol is being occupied by militia for the first time since the Civil War to protect them from POTUS’s violent supporters. Ponder on that.
The organized militia? Was no National Guard in the 1800s. Militias refused to go on imperial missions. (See Title 10, Sec 311 for details on what 'militia means')

Never heard of the Bonus Army, huh?
Bonus-Veterans-Demonstrating.jpg
Bonus-Veterans-Demonstrating.jpg (44.73 KiB) Viewed 4010 times
bonus1932.jpg
bonus1932.jpg (123.21 KiB) Viewed 4010 times

The Bonus Veterans were run off from Washington DC by the US Army in 1932. After a cavalry charge Gen MacArthur ordered the use of Lewisite, a chemical warfare agent, on them. Causes arsenic poisoning. Armor was also used.

Some think that Hoover's use of the Army on the Vets lead to his loss to FDR in 1932.

After the Army ran them off, their shacks were burned.
bonusshacks.gif
bonusshacks.gif (93.88 KiB) Viewed 4010 times
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

I think its all about race. White folk's fingers being moved over on the tiller to make room for other hands. That's the core of it.
Yeah, South Asian hands. People of Indian and Pakistani origin do earn more as a group than US born whites.

You do know, Nafod, that Donald Trump is the person who ordered the Organized Militia to "occupy" the US Capital. He's incompetent didn't you know?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Gene wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:10 pm You do know, Nafod, that Donald Trump is the person who ordered the Organized Militia to "occupy" the US Capital.
Did he?

I watched the press conference last night where the FEMA Head, acting as the head of the DHS, gave a briefing to leadership. It was Pence and SS and FBI, etc., talking about guaranteeing a safe inauguration. Pence was acting like the President. Trump was AWOL. It was weird. Had a big "Pence is now in charge" vibe.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

nafod wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:14 pm
Gene wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:10 pm You do know, Nafod, that Donald Trump is the person who ordered the Organized Militia to "occupy" the US Capital.
Did he?

I watched the press conference last night where the FEMA Head, acting as the head of the DHS, gave a briefing to leadership. It was Pence and SS and FBI, etc., talking about guaranteeing a safe inauguration. Pence was acting like the President. Trump was AWOL. It was weird. Had a big "Pence is now in charge" vibe.
Yeah. Trump wasn't ordering shit.

I just read an article how Lindsey Graham was trying to get a hold of Donald Trump during the insurrection and couldn't So he ended up calling Ivanka. I don't know if he got through. I was laughing too much to keep reading.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

My Pillow guy suggesting a coup in the Oval Office is not what I expected next.

Donald Trump is the Jussie Smollet of presidents.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:49 pm My Pillow guy suggesting a coup in the Oval Office is not what I expected next.
lolwut

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Fat Cat wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:14 am
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:49 pm My Pillow guy suggesting a coup in the Oval Office is not what I expected next.
lolwut
Life’s been hard since he lost his job managing the undertaker.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Chris Hedges on Jimmy Dore's show saying just about exactly what I was saying earlier in this thread. Marginalizing the working class will inevitably lead to what we're seeing right now from the MAGA supporters.

I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Based on the wild success of the first, what are the realistic prospects for an equally entertaining sequel?
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Ronald RayGun wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:43 am Based on the wild success of the first, what are the realistic prospects for an equally entertaining sequel?
Oh give it some time.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:14 pm
Did he?

Trump is CIC until mid day Jan 20 2021.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

EsMFiR6W4AAls3H.jpg
EsMFiR6W4AAls3H.jpg (36.54 KiB) Viewed 3753 times

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Looking forward to the Senate trial with witnesses like these
The lawyer for domestic terrorist Jacob Chansley (aka Jake Angeli or the QAnon Shaman) says his client feels “duped” by Donald Trump.

Attorney Al Watkins told KSDK: “Let’s roll the tape. Let’s roll the months of lies, and misrepresentations and horrific innuendo and hyperbolic speech by our president designed to inflame, enrage, motivate. What’s really curious is the reality that our president, as a matter of public record, invited these individuals, as President, to walk down to the capitol with him.

“He regrets very very much having not just been duped by the President, but by being in a position where he allowed that duping to put him in a position to make decisions he should not have made,” Watkins continued.

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

Lulz to claiming that Bison Man had a period of self-introspection after a clear eyed look at the facts, and is now filled with regret.

On a related note, I cannot get enough of Q folks saying "wait, what happened to THE STORM"? Inject that shit directly into my veins.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

For things like this - I am assuming someone pays the D trumps lawyers right? This isn't pro bono work?

Do the impeachment lawyers get paid?

If some of these people sue him for civil damages for the riots?

The upcoming New York State cases?

The potential "he groped me back in the day" cases.

It seems like legal fees could add up quickly, or you are stuck with Guiliani who I feel would probably pay trump to stay involved.