Hey there

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Hey there

Post by buckethead »

Hello,

I stepped out for a minute. What did I miss?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Hey there

Post by Fat Cat »

Hey Bux, nothing much. We're still trying to keep free speech alive on IGX, and still failing, for the most part.

Also, Andy's dead.

Are you observing the sound principles of diet, hygiene, and exercise that you learned here?
Last edited by Fat Cat on Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I was hoping you were Pinky
Don’t believe everything you think.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I miss norman u sensabach or whatever his handle was, but bux is good enough for now
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

baffled wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:44 pm I miss norman u sensabach or whatever his handle was, but bux is good enough for now
"Backpedaling brillohead motherfucker" was my personal fav.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

That was gold. He ran on poison and caffeine and really added a lot to this place.

bux complained about dipping once and getting hooked like a weak little faggot. but still, he's a longstanding and valued member of this community.
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Ha! It’s terrible to hear about Andy but great to see this place is going strong.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

buckethead wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:48 am Ha! It’s terrible to hear about Andy but great to see this place is going strong.
Going strong would be an overstatement, but we're not dead yet, either. We've had some recurring technical problems that we are in the process of dealing with. Are you still shilling for NASA or are you getting corporate bux in the great race to privatize space?

Topic author
buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Been out of NASA for about 10 years. You weren’t far off. Making bux from the privatization of space directly.

How are you Makena? Still in Hawaii doing BJJ? As opposed to Baffled who has a black belt in one less J

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Hey Mang.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

buckethead wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:16 am Been out of NASA for about 10 years. You weren’t far off. Making bux from the privatization of space directly.

How are you Makena? Still in Hawaii doing BJJ? As opposed to Baffled who has a black belt in one less J
I am still in Hawaii, but at 45 I am more into lifting and riding than martial arts right now.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Bux! I, too, recently started posting (somewhat) regularly again.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Bux coming in here dropping words that are literal violence, literally.

I smell a comeback boys.
- Buck Brannaman

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

You had me at 'hello'

Topic author
buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Man, it’s good to hear from you guys. Where is Tim Cahill?

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

He got butt hurt and left a few months back.
- Buck Brannaman

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

buckethead wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:49 am Man, it’s good to hear from you guys. Where is Tim Cahill?
He said this place was too filled with conspiracy theories, but he couldn't be more specific. We were talking about QAnon at the time, but nobody here was defending it, we were all just trying to understand it.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Didn't Cahill leave because of all the alleged racism?

This is a place of nothing but love and inclusion. Unless you count Bram's anti-Asian stance that's really quite nasty.
- Buck Brannaman

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

If only that fortune cookie hadn’t told him he surfs like a bowlegged partial paraplegic with Tourette’s.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

He types like one
- Buck Brannaman

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

baffled wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:21 am Didn't Cahill leave because of all the alleged racism?

This is a place of nothing but love and inclusion. Unless you count Bram's anti-Asian stance that's really quite nasty.
Working on it! :heart: :heart:
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Bram wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:36 pm
baffled wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:21 am Didn't Cahill leave because of all the alleged racism?

Working on it! :heart: :heart:
I say this with the utmost sincerity: you need to let the hate flow through you.
- Buck Brannaman

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I have no idea why Cahill left, but he said it was because there were too many conspiracy theories. It made no sense though, and was more in line with his histrionic and maudlin personality. In fact, to my knowledge, the only true conspiracy we had discussed (at the time) recently was Q-Anon which pretty much everybody agreed was weirdoville and had no supporters among us. But enough about Cahill, the one I'm still grieving the loss of is benny. I hope he comes back.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

baffled wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:57 pm I say this with the utmost sincerity: you need to let the hate flow through you.
I'm picturing your avatar, Mr. Miyagi, saying this.

For me, giving in to hate is accompanied by a lack of control -- I was often a terrible child, yelling swear words and screaming I hate this and that.

It's not something I find pleasant....and I can't think of any time in my life it benefitted me.

Anger on the other hand has benefits: focus, energy, determination, ignoring pain, etc.

With utmost sincerity: has hate benefitted you in any way?
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I dunno, brah. I reject the idea that racial or other prejudices automatically equal hate. Everybody makes generalizations about the "other"--many of them negative--and that's not likely to change based on the way our brains work.