Face Masks Make You Stupid

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Face Masks Make You Stupid

Post by Fat Cat »

How long does the Trump Time-Space Anomaly last? At what point will anything and everything stop being attributed to his gravitational field?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Oh, it appears they make babies retarded, too: https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... elopment1/
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Well Obama blamed Bush for everything for eight years, so angry democrats can probably get double that from four impotent years of Trump.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

baffled wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:35 pm nafod makes an impressive argument in favor of taking down the universities and seizing the endowments, I'll give him that.
LMAO, I didn't realize my post making almost this same statement went through on another thread, but I'm going to let it stand.
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I guess creating retarded babies is the long-game for future Democrats.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Face masks certainly made you guys stupid
Don’t believe everything you think.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:45 pm How long does the Trump Time-Space Anomaly last? At what point will anything and everything stop being attributed to his gravitational field?
Until the Trump Cult Members get deprogrammed and accept the election results. When this no longer holds true.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

I have been as polite as I can be on this. But I think my mask usage is coming to an end. Solely where legally required.

Other than that, done with it.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

nafod wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:20 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:45 pm How long does the Trump Time-Space Anomaly last? At what point will anything and everything stop being attributed to his gravitational field?
Until the Trump Cult Members get deprogrammed and accept the election results. When this no longer holds true.

We heard nothing but !Russia! hysteria for nearly the entirety of Trump's presidency, but Trump supporters are supposed to just accept everything went fine?

You're either retarded or an asshole.
- Buck Brannaman

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

baffled wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:11 pm

We heard nothing but !Russia! hysteria for nearly the entirety of Trump's presidency, but Trump supporters are supposed to just accept everything went fine?
No. That’s why they pursued the 60 court cases (that Trump lost), and all of the recounts (that confirmed the accuracy of the votes) and all of the certifications in the contested states of their votes (Biden), and the formal counting at the Capitol that they tried to disrupt (Biden).

I’m looking forward to Dominion Voting taking a bunch of Trump Cult entities to the woodshed for a good financial assraping in civil court.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

powerlifter54 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:35 pm I have been as polite as I can be on this. But I think my mask usage is coming to an end. Solely where legally required.

Other than that, done with it.
That's what I do.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

nafod wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:18 pm

No. That’s why they pursued the 60 court cases (that Trump lost), and all of the recounts (that confirmed the accuracy of the votes) and all of the certifications in the contested states of their votes (Biden), and the formal counting at the Capitol that they tried to disrupt (Biden).

I’m looking forward to Dominion Voting taking a bunch of Trump Cult entities to the woodshed for a good financial assraping in civil court.
We heard nothing but Russia Russia Russia for three years, but a rushed mail in voting system was declared the most secure election in our lifetime days after it was completed?

I don't vote for either major party, so I'm good with the chaos, but it's ridiculous to think people should just accept the state of affairs and move on when the other side never did.
- Buck Brannaman

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

- Buck Brannaman

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

baffled wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:34 pm
nafod wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:18 pm

We heard nothing but Russia Russia Russia for three years, but a rushed mail in voting system was declared the most secure election in our lifetime days after it was completed?
First, you heard Russia Russia Russia because Trump is Russia's beeyotch. Why the hell was Trump defending Russia's cyberattack on us this Fall? WTF?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... y-new-book
Donald Trump was cultivated as a Russian asset over 40 years and proved so willing to parrot anti-western propaganda that there were celebrations in Moscow, a former KGB spy has told the Guardian.

Yuri Shvets, posted to Washington by the Soviet Union in the 1980s, compares the former US president to “the Cambridge five”, the British spy ring that passed secrets to Moscow during the second world war and early cold war.

The ex-major recalled: “For the KGB, it was a charm offensive. They had collected a lot of information on his personality so they knew who he was personally. The feeling was that he was extremely vulnerable intellectually, and psychologically, and he was prone to flattery.
YA THINK?

Second, at least in my state of Pennsylvania, which is one of the states the Texans tried to get the voters disenfranchised in (glad they froze their nuts off last week) the mail-in stuff was legislated by a Repub legislature and agreed on well over a year prior to the election. Nothing rushed about it.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Typically crass and vengeful stuff from naffy, but utterly unsubstantive. Also, The Guardian is a flagrantly communist rag that would say anything, no matter how false, if it felt it reflected poorly on Trump.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

If face masks make you stupid, what does using the COVID-19 vaccination selfie station make you?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:11 pm If the people spreading it were also the people dying from it, there’d be a lot less whining about masks.

The virus is transmitted through the air, from piehole to piehole. ANYTHING that decreases the probability that your spittle droplets and aerosols make it to someone else lowers the transmission rate.

If everyone wore N95 masks when around anyone else, work, home, and bars, the virus would be gone from the US in 3 weeks.
So handwashing doesn't matter? Transmission through the eye balls don't matter? Virions in fecal matter don't matter?

The Chinese were taking samples from people's anuses because they're all perverts?
Last edited by Gene on Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:20 pm Until the Trump Cult Members get deprogrammed and accept the election results.
People start to wonder if Progressives are not thinking of rounding up seventy million people. Where else will they be "deprogrammed"?

Look up Executive Order 9066 Nafod. You are not ready for this shit.

stanton.jpg
stanton.jpg (69.88 KiB) Viewed 4088 times
Last edited by Gene on Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

I've got a dope Wu-Tang masku. I rep that ish.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Gene wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:32 am
nafod wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:11 pm If the people spreading it were also the people dying from it, there’d be a lot less whining about masks.

The virus is transmitted through the air, from piehole to piehole. ANYTHING that decreases the probability that your spittle droplets and aerosols make it to someone else lowers the transmission rate.

If everyone wore N95 masks when around anyone else, work, home, and bars, the virus would be gone from the US in 3 weeks.
So handwashing doesn't matter? Transmission through the eye balls don't matter? Virions in fecal matter don't matter?
Second order effects at best. You block the respiratory transmission (mouth to mouth) and the R0 number goes way below 1. R0 below 1 and the virus goes away.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Gene wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:39 am
nafod wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:20 pm Until the Trump Cult Members get deprogrammed and accept the election results.
People start to wonder if Progressives are not thinking of rounding up seventy million people. Where else will they be "deprogrammed"?
Republicans need to deprogram themselves. Nobody can do it for them.

It's fascinating watching how cults work. Ultimately they make you accept The Big Lie in some form, else you are cast into the wilderness and shunned. Cancelled. Null and void. The election whining is that Big Lie. The biggest possible one to tell. You're either in or you're out.

I wonder how many in the Cult of Trump are true believers versus cynical exploiters.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:51 pm
Gene wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:32 am
Second order effects at best. You block the respiratory transmission (mouth to mouth) and the R0 number goes way below 1. R0 below 1 and the virus goes away.
You make it sound so obvious and simple. Your background entitles you to say these things because? You are a researcher in Epidemiology?

I don't have this data. Masks could work. You are aware that most people do not wear N95 masks?
Last edited by Gene on Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:54 pm Republicans need to deprogram themselves. Nobody can do it for them.

It's fascinating watching how cults work. Ultimately they make you accept The Big Lie in some form, else you are cast into the wilderness and shunned. Cancelled. Null and void. The election whining is that Big Lie. The biggest possible one to tell. You're either in or you're out.

I wonder how many in the Cult of Trump are true believers versus cynical exploiters.
People were blaming Herbert Hoover for the Great Depression fifty years after it happened. Hoover didn't cause the Great Depression. The New York Fed was keeping par with the Pound to keep balance of trade "healthy". Cheap credit inspired stupid decisions.

People were speculating in stocks. Prosperity would go on "forever". After the 1929 crash the Fed severely tightened credit. Happened while Hoover was President.

People still blame Hoover for causing the Great Depression, the "do nothing" Hoover who wanted Old Age Pensions and other New Deal style crap.

Yes, please - tell us how the Trumpers will see reason.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Going back to the masks.

Masks work. It makes no sense that they wouldn't. If I limit how much I breathe on you and how much you breathe on me, we will limit exposure to illness. It isn't that complex.

The problem with mask use is that you can't mandate it where disease spreads. In the home. At social gatherings. In the break room. An acquaintance was telling me how at his company (some type of iron/steel commercial construction thing) he follows all safety rules. His employees have to wear masks, etc. etc. He still lost 8 guys (not death, just lost to illness/positive test) because after work they went out to the truck and all hung out drinking together.

The market is not the problem.

Places where you can mandate and track show mask using works. School data shows that with the use of masks you stop the spread of Covid. Not just covid. You stop the spread of anything actually. Illness is like gone from schools. Schools used to be cesspools of illness. Now they are the safest places in the community.