Biden's America: New Georgia Voting Law

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Biden's America: New Georgia Voting Law

Post by baffled »

I assume everyone crying voter suppression and RACISM will set their attention on Delaware and New York next?
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

And why wasn’t there lobbying against Indiana (where the ncaa tournament was was held)? Very similar laws to GA.
https://www.vote.org/voter-registration-deadlines/
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I also assume anybody who has a problem with the Georgia voting law is opposed to any form of vaccine passport or ID, which would, of course, be racistTM.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:55 pm I also assume anybody who has a problem with the Georgia voting law is opposed to any form of vaccine passport or ID, which would, of course, be racistTM.
You need an ID to pick up most prescriptions, go to the doctor etc. But not to vote in most states.
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

That’s why the insistence that requiring an ID to vote is raycisss is utterly baffling. If so, we should ban the use of ID everywhere to create a more inclusive society.
Last edited by Fat Cat on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Yes. The idea that waiting in line 11 minutes instead of 6 is soul crushing, or that you shouldn't have to prove who you are when you get your ballot, or that you need food and water and can't account for it on your own is odd.

We have all sorts of things we have to do to participate in both government and privately run services and businesses, but voting is somehow this mystical act that requires all of that to go differently doesn't make sense.
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Queen’s speech: voters will need photo ID for general elections: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ocial-care

Hateful racist, the uhhh, Queen of England announcing that voters in the UK will need to produce ID at the ballot box. So which is it you laughable clowns? Is the UK engaging in voter suppression? Or are they instituting a common sense measure that protects, rather than injures, the rights of lawful voters?